Hi! I’m Kaili (pronounced Ky-lee) aka KABES…
…and welcome to Kabes Bakes! I am so excited to share this journey with you all! I have always had a love for food and photography. I’m finally bringing those two passions together to bring you my favorite recipes as well as share my journey as I continue to learn and grow thru this new-found baking passion of mine. Not only will this be all about food, but I’ll be sprinkling in some fitness and life bits in here and there! So this is just an all inclusive journey blog I guess!
Here is a little bit about me….
I’m Married to my favorite human, he is pretty awesome and supports every little adventure that I embark on. (bless him) He also swears that I hate him because of all the baking I’ve been doing…It may or may not be having a small effect on his waist line ðŸ˜¬ #SorryNotSorry
But Really, he loves all the treats and he is my first taste tester for every recipe I make.
I’m a momma to 3 of my favorite little (and not so little anymore) human beings. A 16 year old son, Abran. 12 year old daughter (my true mini-me), Audrey aka Maddie and the newest to our little crew, a sweet Chonky little baby boy, Ezekiel, aka Papas, EZ or Mijo.
A few other Quick facts about me:
- I have 3 cats and a dog (and like 5 outdoor cats that hang around too…so I’m like maybe a crazy cat lady in denial ðŸ™ƒ)
- I’m also a personal trainer and powerlifter! I love lifting heavy weights, but hate cardio lol
- I’ve been a photographer for almost 13 years now! my first focus was portraits and weddings but I have always been drawn to the food photos, and decided to dive in head first this year to learn more and actually work towards my dream: a food photography career
- I’m a huge Harry Potter nerd! I love all things HP! I’m even looking forward to October on the blog because I have something super special planned!! ðŸ¤©
- I love to read ðŸ“š
- Purple is probably unconsciously my favorite color (it is the color of my hair after all ðŸ’œ)
Where does “Kabes” come from?
So “Kabes” is a child hood nickname from my Dad. It’s what I have been known as in my family since I was a baby. It comes from my initials “KBE” and it turned into “Kabes”.
When I was trying to decide on a name for my new instagram page and my (maybe) food blog, I could not for the life of me decide on a name. Then one day, randomly, while driving, the name came to me: Kabes Bakes!!! Because when you do a little word scramble with “Kabes” you get BAKES!! I can’t even tell ya’ll how freaking excited I was at this revelation and it just felt like it was meant to be!
So that is how “Kabes Bakes” was born. Even tho, I cook too (not as often as I bake tho lol)