S’moreo No Church Ice Cream is the PERFECT sweet summer treat!! I know the last recipe I made was a bit on the healthier side, but hey, balance right?! Lol. I LOVE making no churn ice cream (just see this other recipe here). It is such an easy thing to make!! It’s fun and such a crowd pleaser.
It’s summer, its hot, its gross…..(sorry I’m not a fan of summer) BUT the great thing about summer is that its the perfect time for some ice cream!! I had honestly never attempted to make ice cream until recently because I thought you had to have one of those fancy ice cream machines or those ice cream salt things. I’m pretty sure there is like a school project where you make ice cream in science class where you use the ice cream salt, but I guess I missed that day in school because I never got to do it. (insert sad face here lol) But here I am now, making my own ice cream, living my best life!
So here’s how this goes: (what you’ll need)
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk ( I used fat free because I like to think it was healthier and I felt better about having an extra scoop, but you can use full fat, I’m not here to judge)
- 1 to 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- S’more flavored oreos (I hope when you are reading this that they still have them out!! It really should be a permanent flavor tho)
- chocolate chips or chunks (for fun, not necessity a staple ingredient tho)
How to make this sinfully delicious ice cream:
So first things first, I used a kitchen aid standing mixer with the whisk attachment to whip the heavy whipping cream. You absolutely use your hand mixer, it just may take extra time to get it to the proper texture.
- Okay, so you’ll start with the heavy whipping cream; you’re going to get it to the consistency of whipped cream but keep an eye on it because you don’t want it to turn into butter! For the standing mixer it took 5 minutes at level 4 to get the proper consistency. This step is probably the most important step, if you don’t mix it long enough, it’ll be runny and then you’ll have runny ice cream and if thats your thing then cool, but if you want true ice cream mixture, mix until you have some stiff peaks!
- then you’ll add in your condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined
- then chop your chocolate chips/chunks up a bit (if you’re using them)
- break up your oreos into like 4ths or you can crush them up too if you prefer.
- fold those in to your cream/milk mixture. (leave a few pieces of Oreo out to top the ice cream with)
- line a loaf pan with some baking paper
- pour mixture into your loaf pan, top with some more oreos
- pop in the freezer for *at least* 12 hours.
Super easy and simple!! It’s absolutely fun to make your own ice cream! Hubby even told me it tastes just like ice cream you can buy at the store!
Smoreo No Churn Ice Cream
- electric mixer (a standing mixer is best)
- loaf pan
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (i used fat free in this one)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract add a tsp, taste and adjust to your preference
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips crush them up a little
- 12 s'mores flavored oreos – broken into 1/4ths or smaller
- take your loaf pan and line with some baking paper (this is just so its not a pain to clean out the pan later)
- Whip your heavy whipping cream in your mixer for 4-6 minutes or until the texture resembles whipped cream. (NOTE: I used a standing kitchenaid mixer with the whisk attatchment and the sweet spot was on level 4 for 5 minutes with this whipping cream; however it has taken 6 minutes before as well with other whipping cream brands. Just stay close and watch it, you don't want to end up with butter)
- Mix in your sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract
- Fold in your smoreos and chocolate chips
- pour into your pan
- pop in your freezer and wait *at least* 12 hours before you dive into it!
- Enjoy by itself or add on top of a brownie or cookie!! (hey I'm not here to judge)
- you really want to make sure your whipping cream stage is properly executed, the first time I tried making ice cream, I left the whipping cream too runny and it didn’t freeze properly. Â It was still too soft. Â
- use a medium speed on your mixer to do the whipping step. Â Once your cream looks like whipped cream and has stiff peaks, you have reached the proper texture.
- It really is best to leave it in the freezer over night for the best ice cream texture.
- I noticed the ice cream isn’t really that great after being left in the freezer for a week, but hopefully yours won’t last that long ðŸ˜‰Â
Great looking ice cream and recipe, so many tips and tricks!
This ice cream looks so good! Absolutely perfect for summer and I love that it has oreos. Delish!
I loooove no churn ice cream. I’m so jealous that you have s’mores flavored Oreos where you live. They only just got double stufs here in Scotland. I’ll just have to get creative.
Oh man! That is a bummer!!! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ the double stuf oreos would still make a great ice cream tho!!
Your recipe creations are always so fun and playful! This is like the ultimate dream I would have had for a special summer treat as a child! YUM!
I neeeeeed this in my life! Wow, what a yummy recipe!