I cannot tell you all how many times I tried to make “healthy” brownies. Finally I gave up and gave the brownie cookie a try. I decided to add in some peanut butter chips because peanut butter and chocolate go together as well as PB&J, right?!
I do have to tell you tho how this little recipe came about tho lol. I had every intention of perfecting the Nutella chocolate chip cookie recipe this day. However, when I went to get my ingredients together, I discovered my Nutella jar was pretty much empty. My daughter (bless her) had finished off my GIANT jar of Nutella!
So I decided to search the cupboards and fridge to see what I DID have on hand and what I could come up with. Since I still had cocoa powder, I decided to go ahead and give brownies another go. Then I was like “lets just make it a cookie instead”.
So I gave it a shot, and surprisingly these came out pretty good after the first try!
Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- ice cream scoop (or table spoon to make dough balls)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 oz germans sweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- set your oven to 350Â°
- Line your cookie sheet with your parchement paper and set aside
- melt the butter, chocolates and milk on stovetop on LOW in a saucepan
- mix eggs, vanilla extract, sugars & molasses in a mixing bowl together until combined (be careful to not over mix)
- add in your melted chocolate, mix slightly with a spatula
- fold in your dry ingredients and peanut butter chips, again being *very* careful to not overmix ðŸ˜‰
- take a smaller ice cream scoop or your table spoon and scoop out your dough and place 6 dough balls evenly spaced on your parchment paper
- bake for 12 minutes
- make sure to not over mix as this will give the cookies a cake-y texture