WITH LEMON POPPY SEED COOKIE COBBLES!
Have you ever bought a new baking dish, pan or skillet and immediately want to make something in it? Well that is what happened with this little creation. I knew I wanted to make something in it to shoot. I was going to do a skillet chocolate chip cookie, but I saw the berries I had in my fridge and just KNEW I had to try a cobbler.
The idea to add lemon cookie cobbles came from wanting to add a spring-ish, summery vibe to it.
The flavors mixed together perfectly and my poor husband cannot decide what his favorite dish is so far.
Mixed Berry Skillet Cobbler (With Lemon Poppy Seed Cookie Cobbles)
- cast iron skillet
- ice cream scoop (to scoop cobbles on top of filling)
- 2 pints fresh or frozen blackberries can also use the frozen mixed berry medley
- 2 pints fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 Lemon Zest of 1 lemon
Lemon Poppy Seed Cookie Cobbles
- 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 16 tbsp melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 65 grams lemon juice I used the juice of about 2 smaller lemons
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- set your oven to 350Â°
- melt 1 tbsp of butter in your cast iron skillet on medium heat
- add berries, sugar, flour and corn starch and mix together
- let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes then remove from heat
- Next, in a mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugars and mix together until creamy
- add in eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until combined
- Add in Flour, baking soga and poppy seeds. Mix until just combined.
- Take your ice cream scoop and scoop your dough, evenly, onto the berry mixture. It wont completely cover the filling just yet, but as it bakes will spread evenly over the mixture.
- bake for 22 minutes or until cookie crust is a little brown.